The Facet Lounge
The celebrity engagment ring thread! - Printable Version

+- The Facet Lounge (http://www.thefacetlounge.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Engagements & Weddings (http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Forum-Engagements-Weddings)
+--- Thread: The celebrity engagment ring thread! (/Thread-The-celebrity-engagment-ring-thread)

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - sparkletiger - 10-22-2013

It's a lovely ring. I must be the only one not knowing who these people are that are engaged.

Further to add to my post, the picture of the stone in the ring is blurry. I went on the bee and there is a thread there about it. Apparently, her previous e ring pictures were also blurry and when that ring went on sale at the auction, it was worth much less than expected because the diamond was lower colour and clarity.

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - jenncent - 10-22-2013

oh, interesting. It sold for like $749 mil or something though right? crazy money!!

I am sure Kanye only got the best for Kim. LOL

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - PimpMyRing - 10-22-2013

Another pic. 15 carats is HUGE!!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I read it was flawless. But I don't know if they really meant FL or IF, or the used "flawless" just as an adjective, because the colour was not listed.

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - Enkay - 10-22-2013

(10-22-2013, 02:49 PM)sparkletiger Wrote: Further to add to my post, the picture of the stone in the ring is blurry. I went on the bee and there is a thread there about it. Apparently, her previous e ring pictures were also blurry and when that ring went on sale at the auction, it was worth much less than expected because the diamond was lower colour and clarity.

I think the media tends to think celebs only buy D IF and value the rings as if they all are, which in reality of course they are not!

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - JooJooBee4 - 10-22-2013

Haha I love it! What a honker!

(10-22-2013, 05:13 PM)jenncent Wrote: I read it was flawless. But I don't know if they really meant FL or IF, or the used "flawless" just as an adjective, because the colour was not listed.
I honestly don't know who these people are, as to my knowledge they are just "self manufactured" celebrities , but as regards to sale of her previous diamond, this is what Joya Aspera said on the Bee:

Oh and her last engagement ring went up for auction at Christie's just recently, and it wasn't very good quality... I color, I believe. Clarity was decent, but not a stunner of a center stone, and nowhere near the value she created the rumor around it to be. You can't see quality in blurry pap photos I guess, but you can see that it's huge, so, that's all that mattered to her""
It is not that I am a fan of Joya, I am arguing with her a lot on the Bee as regards to moissanite, BUT she is quite knowledgeable when it comes to diamonds it seems.
Another poster then said:
"oh you can get great stones at that size... that ring by far was the ugliest thing on auction at Christie's...all the gems also in that auction put it to huge shame. It was only there because it was Kim K's ring.

I do not agree that that I colour is not good quality. KimKs EC is still a heck of a lot more rare than Joya's 1ct F...

(10-22-2013, 05:57 PM)jenncent Wrote: I do not agree that that I colour is not good quality. KimKs EC is still a heck of a lot more rare than Joya's 1ct F...
I colour IS good quality, what J A is saying is that the Kardasian woman was trying to create an impression of a better diamond than she had for sale (*I think*) with her first E ring.