The Facet Lounge
The celebrity engagment ring thread! - Printable Version

+- The Facet Lounge (http://www.thefacetlounge.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Engagements & Weddings (http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Forum-Engagements-Weddings)
+--- Thread: The celebrity engagment ring thread! (/Thread-The-celebrity-engagment-ring-thread)

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - Enkay - 10-24-2013

I thought the same thing I was looking at pics of her over the years and she's starting to look super plastic and it's past into yikes territory.

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - lucky.b - 10-24-2013

I thought maybe the swollen lips and face thing was partly due to her pregnancy ... her lips actually started to look painfully stretched when I happened across a show at one point when she was fairly far on in it. She also never seems to have any light in her eyes any more that makes her look truly happy. My DH also thinks they should get off his TV screen and go crawl under a giant rock LOL

Has anyone gotten a very good look at the newest ring? I read it's a flawless D cushion but haven't seen anything but blurry photos. I'm wondering what *kind* of cushion ... 8 main, H&A Breila style, antique style??? I can't see her with anything but a modern cut, but she has stated for years that the emerald cut the second fiance/husband/ex gave her was her dream ring since before she met him, so we know she loves a step cut.

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - sparkletiger - 10-24-2013

I don't understand why are they so popular anyway? Just some self manufactured celebrities. It's not like they are talented or done anything useful for human kind. I share JCent's and Lucky's DHs' sentiments entirely. The ring is blurry too in the pictures.

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - MrsK - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 11:24 AM)sparkletiger Wrote: I don't understand why are they so popular anyway? Just some self manufactured celebrities. It's not like they are talented or done anything useful for human kind. I share JCent's and Lucky's DHs' sentiments entirely. The ring is blurry too in the pictures.

That's the question many Americans ask. The same goes for Paris Hilton and her sister. They didn't do anything to get their money, but grow up in rich families. Yet, somehow these people are famous. Tabloids pay them now.

It seems that people who have lots of plastic surgery all end up having almost the same face. It's weird. Kim was gorgeous pre-surgery. She looked okay for a bit after she first started having things done to her face. Now she's starting to look a bit plastic. It's a shame she didn't realize just how beautiful she was before. Or maybe she did and she just thinks she can look even better.

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - EarthDiva - 10-24-2013

I have a sick fascination with the Kardashians too. And I hate myself for it, LOL. Like, I'd feel less ashamed if I had a raging drug habit and robbed banks on weekends.

Kim was very exotically beautiful at one point. She looks like such a freak now. 5 years and she'll be in Michael Jackson territory. When I worked in the field, we had this one patient, a psychologist ironically enough, who was literally determined to fill her face up with Restylane to the point where she didn't look human. Determined. We had to turn her away. Good doctors will do that but here are a lot of unscrupulous docs in the cosmetic industry and a high $ does not always equal good work.

Anybody remember that show "The Swan" back in the day? I swear the *worst* plastic surgeons are the ones you see on tv, like on, say, The Real Housewives series...

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - MrsK - 10-24-2013

ED, I believe that!

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - jenncent - 10-24-2013

Me to ED. I am embarrassed to sit in bed watching these shows... but I can't stop.

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - EarthDiva - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 04:33 PM)jenncent Wrote: Me to ED. I am embarrassed to sit in bed watching these shows... but I can't stop.

My DH would not have married me had he known my proclivity towards watching reality tv. Smile i don't watch *that* many shows, but the shows I watch are just the worst, most embarrassing stuff. Bravo and E are a huge problem for me.

You know you need electroshock treatment or some sort of institutionalization when you start watching reruns of the crap. Cry

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - JooJooBee4 - 10-24-2013

I love me E! and Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a sucker for reality TV too.. I can't believe there was no such thing back in the day. How did we live?!?! LOL

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - jenncent - 10-24-2013

I watch it on E. I tend to wait to the marathon days, when it is like 8 hours of K&K take Miami and then I am transfixed. But I have seen some twice. Hide