The Facet Lounge
The celebrity engagment ring thread! - Printable Version

+- The Facet Lounge (http://www.thefacetlounge.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Engagements & Weddings (http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Forum-Engagements-Weddings)
+--- Thread: The celebrity engagment ring thread! (/Thread-The-celebrity-engagment-ring-thread)

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - PimpMyRing - 03-07-2014

Do we get to mention that if one saw a picture of MK and her 'intended' together...one would definitely assume her 'father' had given her this ring? I feel like this is interfering with my 'jewelry appreciation receptors', in some way?

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - jenncent - 03-07-2014

Leighton Meester’s Engagement Ring

It is described as as yellow gold bezel, but I think rose.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - MrsK - 03-07-2014

It does look rosy!

(03-07-2014, 06:32 AM)PimpMyRing Wrote: Do we get to mention that if one saw a picture of MK and her 'intended' together...one would definitely assume her 'father' had given her this ring? I feel like this is interfering with my 'jewelry appreciation receptors', in some way?

He is definitely older than her. Ashley is dating someone older too. I dated someone older than me once... he was loaded too. I liked the idea in theory, but could not get past it. MK is clearly okay with it though!

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - EarthDiva - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 07:28 PM)jenncent Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 06:32 AM)PimpMyRing Wrote: Do we get to mention that if one saw a picture of MK and her 'intended' together...one would definitely assume her 'father' had given her this ring? I feel like this is interfering with my 'jewelry appreciation receptors', in some way?

He is definitely older than her. Ashley is dating someone older too. I dated someone older than me once... he was loaded too. I liked the idea in theory, but could not get past it. MK is clearly okay with it though!

I did, too. It's fine when you are her age but probably less so when you are middle aged and he is in adult diapers. Dizzy Not to worry, though. It's HW and her marriage has a .000001 chance of surviving past 10 years.

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - PimpMyRing - 03-07-2014

It's not actually that he's older (she's 26 and he's 42, apparently). One of my BFF's is married with almost the same age difference and it doesn't seem 'creepy' at all. I've never given a thought, actually. I think maybe it's that MK looks so young to begin with?? She looks like she is his young daughter, maybe? You are right, though, it only matters how they feel about it. She seems happy...

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Ok..those pictures don't make her look all that happy. I copied the wrong picture URL. lol

LOL @ diapers.

Actually in that pic, she does no look all that happy...

RE: The celebrity engagment ring thread! - EarthDiva - 03-07-2014

LOL, she does not. There are definitely sexy older men and he isn't *that* old but he isn't sexy either! She does look young for her age, too.

no, he is not sexy for me either. He just looks like a normal man. But since she does look so young, he looks like he could be her father.